- 10:00 am
- 10:00 am
Through Your Support You Make it Happen
You don’t need to be a professional coach or athlete to make a difference in the life of a child and have a positive impact on your entire community. Come just as you are! Volunteer with Providence Upward Sports now to connect with kids at the time in their lives when your words and actions can make the most impact. Help them to discover and build athletic skills, character, self-confidence and a life-long love of the game—all while having fun yourself!
Providence Upward Sports provides you with everything you need to be effective on or off the court—whether you serve as a head coach, assistant coach, referee, scorekeeper or just as the league’s biggest fan! You can also make a difference by volunteering in one of our “Game Day Experience” roles as a greeter, announcer, scoreboard operator, referee, or set-up crew member.
Many hands help make game days run smoothly. Please check out the information below!
- EVALUATIONS: Evaluating participants is the core of the Upward Basketball process and key to balancing teams in the league. Are you willing to help during an evaluation session for 2 or 3 hours? Evaluations are over…look for more opportunities below!
- SETUP: Do you have the first game of the day in Taylor or Mission Hall? Are you a morning person with some time available to assist with setup? If so, please consider coming a little early and helping setup the church for Upward Basketball. More details can be found here.
- GREETER: Willing to answer questions and point people to the right locker room or gym? Then greeting might be for you! More details.
- PRE-GAME ANNOUNCER: Are you a ham? Do you like speaking into a microphone pretending you are an NBA announcer? If so, you might love being a pre-game announcer! More details.
- DEVOTION PRESENTER: Are you willing to share your personal experience with Jesus Christ and the Good News? Than sharing a halftime devotion might be for you! Click to learn more.
- REFEREE: Looking to help your child and all of our children by refereeing? Please contact the Commissioners! Referees are one of the most important opportunities on game day and we are always looking for strong individuals interested in working with, serving, and teaching our children!
- CLEANUP: Do you have the last game in Taylor or Mission Hall for the day? If so, please consider helping us cleanup the gym spaces and resetting the church in preparation for Sunday worship. More details on after game cleanup can be found here. Taylor Hall cleanup starting at 5pm. Mission Hall cleanup starting at 5:30pm. Please consider signing up for both!
We look forward to seeing you on the court soon!
For additional information on how you can support the Providence Upward Sports experience Providence Upward Basketball leadership team at UpwardSports@ProvidenceChurch.org.