- In-person Worship
- Traditional at 10 am
- Contemporary at 11:15 am
Adverse Weather Policy
Providence Upward Basketball’s policy for adverse weather events is as follows:
We follow the Fairfax County School Weather and Operating Status for evening activities. That is, if evening activities (especially student evening activities) are canceled for Fairfax County Schools, then Providence Upward Basketball practices will also be canceled. Practices will not be made up.
We monitor the weather closely leading up to a weekend and will cancel games as soon as it is clear that safe road conditions will not be present Saturday morning to support Providence Upward Basketball Games. In most cases this decision will be made by 730am. However, it is possible that weather conditions will deteriorate during the course of the day. We rely on reports from arriving parents and periodic monitoring of weather forecasts to make a real-time decision and may cancel games mid-day if required. If there is a single cancellation during the season, the canceled game will be made up on Saturday, March 14th. Any additional canceled games will not be made up.
We will send an announcement via email and update the front page of this website (often delayed) with weather related cancellation announcements as soon as a cancellation decision is made. We will also send all coaches a weather cancellation notice which they will forward to their respective teams. Finally, if able, we will post a sign on the doors to the gym.
NOTE: Normally, we do not make an announcement when practices or games will be held according to schedule. Therefore, if there is no announcement, then practices or games will go on as scheduled!
If you have any questions on this policy, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We take the safety of our players, coaches, and volunteers very seriously, but have also lived here long enough to remember past mega-storms that did not materialize. We would very much like to get a good, safe day of basketball in if at all possible…but will not hesitate to cancel if conditions are not right.