- 10 am
- 10 am
Becoming a Member
“So then you are no longer strangers… but you are citizens with the saints and also members of the household of God” Ephesians 2:19 (NRSV)
If you do not have a church home, we encourage you to consider becoming a member of Providence. Becoming a member of Providence Presbyterian Church expresses your commitment to this community of faith, a family that worships together, grows in faith together, and shares God’s Love with others. We are committed to connecting with you and helping you solidify your faith and find your place at Providence. If you are interested in membership, or becoming a Christian, one of our pastors would be delighted to talk with you to discuss whatever questions you might have.
New member classes, led by one of our pastors provide prospective members an opportunity to interact with pastors and other current church members, ask questions, and learn more about the following topics and more:
- programs, activities, opportunities to participate and serve
- resources for Bible study and prayer to include free study and reading materials in the church library
- explanation of who Presbyterians are and what they believe
- opportunities to connect with others and make friends
- opportunities to grow in faith and serve Providence and the community
- process of becoming a member and expectations
Following the class, the Deacons host a dinner at the home of one of our members. If you are interested in learning more, please see or contact one of the pastors at the church office.
Those electing to join the church meet briefly with members of the Session, the elected officers of the church, to be accepted into membership. Members are accepted into Providence by profession of faith, restatement of faith, or by letter of transfer from another church.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I am thinking about membership. What should I do? [+ show]
- Who comes to a New Member Class? [+ show]
- What happens in a New Member Class? [+ show]
- What if I am not ready to become a member, can I still participate in a New Member Class? [+ show]
- If I am ready to join Providence Presbyterian Church what do I do? [+ show]
- I was baptized in another church; do I need to be baptized again?[+ show]